The Safety of Women in Media is a Key Part of Realising our Vision
In order to advance the impact of women in media they must be safe to do their work. Violence against female journalists - physical or digital - is a double attack on their sex and their profession. IAWRT facilitates:
- Sharing of local experiences and strategies for safety of female media professionals.
- Focus on safety issues in web features, social media and our global documentary films.
- Safety training for chapters and in conferences by IAWRT Vice President, Abeer Saady.
- 'Training of Trainers' and providing resources for such safety ambassadors in this section.
- First edition of the Safety Handbook for Women Journalists (2017) arising from safety workshops
- Conditions of use for free resource What if ... ? SAFETY HANDBOK FOR WOMEN JOURNALISTS